Sunday, November 05, 2006

common in bangalore??

These days, I am hearing news of thefts from many known people. I felt like, is theft common in bangalore??. I started listening to thefts when there was a theft in my sister's home few months back(in the afternoon). The thief came and kept all those things which he don't want on dining table and took all costlier ones. A report is made to police. They said "You dont need to worry. It may take 1 week, 1 month or 1 year or more. But, at the end, your belongings will be found and we will give it to you". Days passed by. Now, Police came with a notice saying "Your belongings can not be found. And we are closing your case". (!!!,Does it mean, they failed to find the belongings??).

Later, I heard there was a theft in my cousin's home. Then I heard a theft in my friend's home and then in my colleague's home and in my brother's friend's home and many more. Every where, the plan is same. The thief is coming in the night, and tries to open the bolt and take all valuable ones like watch, cell phone. In one of the incident, he removed the plug of TV, But he didn't take it. I generally think the news about theft in news paper is common. But now, when you are hearing from the persons whom you know. It is fearful. May be, after some time, if some one says there is a theft in some one's place, I may say "oh. it is common these days. ". :)

But, what police is doing here. In many places, when people planned to complain, police themselves are saying "what is the point. Leave it." or they will say "You are a s/w engineer. You are earning so much then why are you worrying. Just leave it." Then, why police are here. What is their duty then??

No comments: