Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Amway

Just to clarify, I am not talking anything against or favor of Amway. :)

Scene-1:
Location: Bangalore
Few weeks back, one of my friend went to landmark in forum and was searching for some books. He saw another person who was also searching for some books. After a while, the other person started talking to my friend. After a while, the person asked my friend to give his contact number. My friend realized that this guy is from Amway and asked him directly whether he is from Amway. The guy didn't tell the truth but my friend understood that he is from Amway. :)

Scene-2:
Location: A village near my hometown
I met my father's friend who is very talkative. He was so much talkative that he will find some topic or the other and discuss on that. He says "I can't live without talking to others and smile at them when I realize that they are from our place".
He was talking about his visits to US where he figured out that young people try to avoid talking. He says "The foreigners smile at you and wish you but the people whom from their features you can recognize that they are from India, they try to avoid even smile when the other person smiles.". He continues "What is wrong with smiling? It costs nothing. Just because you smiled at me, I won't come to your home right?". He was discussing the same with his daughter-in-law and asked "Why our people in US don't talk nor even smile when we try to talk to them or smile at them?" She said "Uncle, here, if some one initiates the discussion then the other people think they are Amway agents"!!!!
I couldn't control my laugh when he said this and was continuously laughing after that. :)

2 comments:

RK said...

Do you know about The Onion? It is a satirical news web and they had this great piece above Amway.

Me said...

ha ha ha .....