Monday, June 26, 2006

A real story from my friend

Today, I called up one of my friend, and she gave me the below story of her best friend. Really sad. I didn't expect that this kind of things happens even now a days. :( Why such kind of things happen? Why parents don't understand their children?
This is what she explained to me:
I was calling my friend since long time but not able to reach her thru cell. And I forgot to send a mail to her because I was busy in my work. Today, I tried to call her best friend and find out that she left this place long back and she is with her parents in her native. Rather I can say that they had taken her forcibly to their place just for the reason that she is in love with a person of other caste. I never expected that the response will be so cruel from her family. She is such a nice girl. She was poor but she never let this to be known by any one in my college. She is determined and hard working. She never bought nice dresses for her even after she got job and used to buy new clothes for her siblings. She is so innocent and she is not bold. I am very sure that there will be no one who got hurt by her behavior even once (knowingly or unknowingly).
I am feeling sad to see that she is in such a bad situation right now. I don't know what to tell and how to tell. She was one of my best friend (I can say, my only best friend I had till now with whom I shared my views). Why the situation is so bad here even in this electronic era. At least, they should understand her situation and if you find that she is doing wrong then tell her and convince her. I can surely say that if she want to do any mistake, she would have done before. She would have eloped with her boy friend long back. But she didn't do then why her parents are so cruel to her.
I was surprising when I come to know about any people who do love marriages by eloping from their place. But, now after seeing such incident then I don't find any mistake in that too. The parents say "we would have let them marry atleast. Why should children leave." But when children trying to put their views and convince their parents then parents take such rude actions. Why? Why so?

6 comments:

Amit Awekar said...

just one lesson to learn
"don't cast yourself into any caste"
and hope that others will learn it as well.

Rupesh Mehta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rupesh Mehta said...

I second Awekar's thought.

Nishit said...

The problem with all of us, not just parents, is that we don't learn to see through others' eyes. We need to learn to put ourselves in others' shoes. I think no problem there after.

Pallavi Palleti said...

Yeah I too agree with you Nishit and I even learnt it in experience.

Rohan said...

I agree with nishit