Monday, January 25, 2010

My struggle with Maven plugin for eclipse and mahout building

Somehow, my maven plugin stopped working in my eclipse (again!!!). I have already posted on maven plugin installation and everything earlier. However, this doesn't seem to work now. :-(. no idea though. So, I had to restart my "mission mvn". Finally after a lot of struggle on making the current mvn plugin to work, I looked for a new plugin and got this link
. I installed this plugin and I could see "mvn commands" populated in "Run as.. " section. My happiness couldn't last for long as I couldn't successfully build mahout codebase using this plugin.

mvn install is giving build error however mvn compile is successfully compiling. Should be able to resolve soon. Stay Tuned...

Finally, I figure out a way to avoid build errors in eclipse using maven. Following checks need to be made to see if everything is configured properly

Right click on Project -> select Properties -> Make sure under Java Build Path and libraries tab, whether Maven ClassPath container and maven dependancies are present
Right click on Project -> select Properties ->Make sure under builder, you have maven project builder and maven incremental builder and default Java builder are available

Right click on project - select properties - select maven at left hand side - check include modules.

Once all above are configured properly, right click on project and select build project. This should build without any issues.

No comments: