Thursday, December 31, 2009

Refreshing all IMAP folders in Thunderbird

Continuing my work towards configuring my desktop for checking mails, I was irritated with thunderbird configuration as it wasn't refreshing all folders and I had to manually click on each folder for new mail. So, I was wondering what to do and then I remembered what my husband said which I effectively use in my day-to-day work. He said below quote.

"Remember, when you are facing a problem, don't think you are the only one and there are many who might have faced this earlier. So, before rushing to solve the problem, try to search over the net if there is a solution already. No need to reinvent the wheel"

There I go again, I searched and got below solution for refreshing all folders in Thunderbird.

Go to Edit ->Preferences -> Advanced -> Config Editor and toggle the following parameter available in the list.
"mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new" which toggles value from false to true and you are done. Now, I don't need to refresh each folder separately.

Reference for above solution:
http://alexlurthu.wordpress.com/2007/07/22/thunderbird-config-to-refresh-all-imap-folders/

No comments: