Tuesday, September 11, 2007

King Fisher Airlines

I missed my flight to Bangalore recently due to traffic jam in the other place. I had been informed by the people there that it takes 1/2 hour to reach report but it had happened that it took 1 1/2 hour to reach the airport because of traffic jam and the airlines people refused to give the ticket for the flight which is going to start in 10 minutes. But, they told that if I want, they can book the ticket for the next flight which is going to start after 3 hours. As something is better than nothing, I accepted that one. I liked the way kingfisher airlines care their customers. The person would have just rejected rather saying sorry to me that he can't help in this situation but can book ticket for the next scheduled flight.

Conclusions from the story are:
1. The chant behind success is good customer care.
2. Traffic jam is there in every big cities. Just don't think that it is only in Bangalore. :)

PS: Once, I went to airport 2 hours early, then the flight was delayed by 2 hours. This time, I missed the flight because, I reached late and so had to wait for 3 hours. Coincidence is that, in both cases, it was kingfisher airlines. :)

2 comments:

RK said...

I thought you travel is only from Bangalore to your home town and back. Where were you flying to?

BTW, did you follow the US Open tennis. Federer won again :-) Because of the time zone difference I couldn't see it. I was following it point-by-point online!

Pallavi Palleti said...

Yup. Had gone to Chennai recently. Will update you over phone.
No. I didn't get a chance to watch the match.:( But heard that news when I was waiting in airport. :)