Monday, September 25, 2006

It has been one year

It has been one year that me and my friend staying together. Now, it is the time to depart as she is getting married. It made me to recall the way that we started room hunt. Just like, things always happen for our goodness, my previous roommates told me to search for another house with a deadline of one month. Still, I can't forget that sleepless night that I had. I decided to vacate the room that day itself. Actually that happened for my goodness. That made me to reach my true friends again. I still cherish the days.. The shelter that is given in another friend's home temporarily till we get a home for us. And that short nice time that I spent with them. How I learnt, making phulkas and parathas there. :) The nice talking that we were having. watching movies in the night. I liked their cooperation in working together and I learnt that from them.
Finally, we got a home, my other friend found it for us. Every one gave full support and help when I decided to move out of my previous room mates' house. Those are real friends.
she taught me a lot. She gave comfort when I was in problems. She scolded sometimes, when I do something wrong. Today, I read in news paper that the person who can scold you when you are wrong and who can ask you apologies with out hesitation when they do mistake is a true friend. It happened for me. She asked for apologies when she mistakenly scolded me and she scolded me when I do any mistake. :) There are lots of things to learn from every person. And, I need to learn a lot from her too.

I am fortunate that I have good friends surrounding me. In IITK too, there were friends who helped me a lot. Who shared my sorrows and joys in my lab. And, now also, I have very good friends. But, now we need to depart. And we can be in touch with mails and some very few get-to-gethers as life is very busy.

4 comments:

Me said...

Hmm..yeah it feels bad when good friends need to depart..
When I had come to Bangalore for reasons unknown I had decided to create a shell around me and keep a distance from people. I wrongly presumed that as time goes your relationship deteriorates and in the end it hurts you if the relationship is very close. I thought to maintain a healthy friendship there should be a room. Well, I might be correct to some extent. But not long did my shell and notion last. People like you and others ensured that the shell dint last for long. I realized that we all have shortcomings and the one who embraces you despite all that is your true friend.
I understand that you will miss Anshu - she is such a loving person that it is hard to not to like her. Nevertheless it is time for her to settle down and we all are happy about that. As roomates you share more than jsut room, you share your joys and sorrows. You talk about things you like, you dislike, you laugh, you pull each other's legs, you share. But I always see that we also get some lifelong friends. One day Meghana came to my office with baigan ki subji she prepared for me. I felt so touched.
And yes it was indeed very nice to have that very short stay of yours. I also loved the night outs that I had with you people. See you people again!

Anonymous said...

A nice post, full of many memories, and one which invokes many more memories. Its been a good life so far and friends like you have made it all the more brighter.

Pallavi, you have a very quiet personality, one which doesn't rely on words, only your actions show your affection and the goodness of your heart. And I have learnt a lot from you in the last couple of years as well.

But life means moving on, and sometimes we become so wary of change that we try to distance ourselves from ppl. Just as Eliza said, but then in a little while zest, enthu and joi-de-vivre takes over and we lose skepticism.

Hope this roller coster ride continues, becoz in the end its the journey that matters.

Vinod Chandran said...

Hey nice post...!
And yeah, wish I had the same sort of luck that u had in getting good friends!

Rupesh Mehta said...

Rightly said Eliza, and Anshu.
A true friend is one which accepts your all qualities, at the same time loves your good qualities and tries not to just point but change your bad qualities.
Life keeps moving and hope you will enjoy each and every ride of Roller-Coster.