Thursday, June 08, 2006

Auto Rickshaw Complaint Cell

Authorities in Bangalore have started a new drive to make auto travelling safer. They have set up cells to take complaints and have promised to do something about the complaints.

For complaints against misbehaving auto drivers in Bangalore Contact the following:

Bangalore Centre - Koramangala BDA complex - 25533525
Bangalore West - Rajajinagar Corporation Complex - 23324388
Bangalore East - Indiranagar BDA complex - 25253726
Bangalore North - Yeshwanthpur corporation Complex - 23376039
Bangalore South - Jayanagar Corporation Complex - 26630989
Alternatively you can email the authorities at transcom@kar.nic.in
http://rto.kar.nic.in/help.htm

When you call them / email them mention the auto registration no., Date, time and place where the problem occurred and the problem.

Dont know how effective the system is but its a start, do not hesitate to complain. Because if the system does work, travelling bangalore could be actually hassle free for everyone.

Source:from google got this
And we can send mail to even dcptrafficeast[at]gmail[dot]com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Authorities in Bangalore should fix the mimimum autorickshaw fare as Rs 20. Most of the autos running in the city will not take a ride for one or two kms. Apart from the main bus and railway stations, auto drivers near Thippasandra (80ft road), Indiranagar (CMH Road) and Indian Oil flyover (near Kammanahalli) are the worse. They will not come to places where the fare will be less than Rs 20. Such a disastrous state of affairs in Garden City. No law, no policing. Goondaism rules.

Anonymous said...

Hello fnds. I have noticed a new way of auto guys taking more money from us. When you travel in night to ur home and give auto guys 100 rs or so as fare and turn. These guys hide the 100rs and show 10 rs as what we had given. And demand rest of money. Plss be very careful with these worst auto guys.

Unknown said...

I tried lodging a complaint by calling one of the numbers (Jaynagar one). The authorities wanted me to come in person and lodge a complaint. these auto drives seriously need to be thought good lesson. they have become highly errant and there is no one to question them. they are like wild rogues left open in city.

Shareef

John Manoah said...

BTRAC (Bangalore Traffic Review and Action Committee) has been setup. I had so many bad experiences that I decided to reach out to the officials. BTRAC replies back with complaint nos and a favorable reply...

http://johnmanoah.blogspot.com/2009/04/bangalore-autorickshaw-complaints.html

Please note this no in your cellphones and do not forget to register a complaint anytime an auto driver misbehaves!

- John

JT said...

This is log a complaint against an Prepaid Auto (KA05C4222) in which I (along with my family) travelled from Yeswanthpur Railway Station To Vignannagar (Nr BEML) on 20-May-2009. I have hired this Prepaid Auto at 8.23 AM from the Yeswanthpur Railway station agreeing Rs.168 (as per prepaid auto tariff for 24 kms). While I started the journey itself the driver was murmering about the predecided charge telling Autos outside Prepaid taxi stand are charging Rs 300 for a similar trip.

While arriving the destination, I have given Rs 170 as per the fare. The driver started demanding strictly Rs 200 telling no autos will run this much distance for this fare. He told me to call and log the complaint there itself for he don't care. To get out of the troublesome situation, (where my wife and two small kids were with me) I added Rs 10 also extra and handed the money to driver. He gave me back the money and demanded the amount he wants. I kept the money on the Auto seat and tried to walk off with my family. The driver took the cash and throwed the notes at my face and started shouting and threatening me that I should not leave that place unless he gets what he has demanded. He made me to pay the complete amount he demanded and left shouting some rubbish words in Hindi and his other local language. The Auto driver was revenging on me asking you log the complaint and see the results.
-James